What Is Your Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect And Hold?
We may collect your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, birth date, profession, occupation or job title and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our Websites or online presence or through our representatives.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect it in ways including:-
- Through your access and use of our Website
- By telephone, letter, fax or email
- During conversations between you and our representative
- By contracting with us
- By completing surveys or providing feedback
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:-
- Third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities
- Your employer
- Publicly available sources of information
- Any other organization where you have given your consent
What Happens If We Can’t Collect Your Personal Information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, the following may happen:-
- We may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all
- We may not be able to provide you with information, products and services that you may want
For What Purpose Do We Collect, Hold, Use Or Disclose Your Personal Information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of service to you.
- To provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you
- To answer inquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products and services
- To assess the performance of our Website and improve the operation of our Website
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you
- To comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any Australian Government Authority
To Whom May We Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees
- Our contractors
Direct Marketing Materials
We may send you direct marketing communication and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see details below) and we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How Can You Access And Correct Your Information?
You may request access to your personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (by mailing or emailing it to you).
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What Is The Process For Complaining About A Breach Of Privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us, in writing, and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will deal with the complaint in accordance with our then current Complaints Handling Procedure.
As our Website is linked to the Internet and the internet is inherently insecure we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:-
C/- WJ Tobin Real Estate
PO Box 18
CAMP HILL Q 4152